Technology has allowed us to alter our relationship with nature and improve the human condition. Artificial light is powerful example of this. However, as with any technology, artificial light can do harm as well as good. It is incumbent upon us to use it appropriately.
- • Separates us from experiencing the Universe in our daily lives,
- • Poses risks to human health and safety,
- • Alters the environment for other living things, great and small,
- • Creates carbon emissions, contributing to climate change, and
- • Wastes private and public money.
Our mission is to educate others on the adverse consequences of unnecessary lighting, the advantages of proper outdoor lighting, and to preserve dark sky environments in the Natural State for their ecological and esthetic value.